- Have you started a business?
- Are you doing business activity for profit rather than just as a hobby?
Then you need to register as self-employed with HMRC.
- Step 1: Go to HMRC’s website and register as a new business. Link here
- Step 2: Follow the instructions.
- Step 3: You’re done.
What to check to make sure it all goes smoothly:
- You receive your Unique Tax Reference (UTR)
- You’re registered for Self Assessment Online and receive your activation code
- You’re registered for Class 2 National Insurance
That’s it. Simples.
Welcome to your brave new world. Congratulations!
Comment below or email me if you have any questions.
Links all correct on date of publication.